Apple Juice Benefit...Fat Free and Fights Alzheimer's
Apple Juice Benefit
For starters just take apple extract...compared to many other commonly consumed fruits in the UK & United States, apples have the second highest level of antioxidant activity.
Apples contain a variety of phytochemicals, including quercetin, rutin and catechin...ever heard of them? Probably not but they are all potent antioxidants.
Laboratory research has shown that apples..
- Inhibit cancer cell proliferation
- Decrease lipid (fat) oxidation
- Lower cholesterol
Epidemiological studies (study of incidence and distribution of diseases, and of their control and prevention) have linked apple consumption with reduced risk of some cancers such as lung cancer. As well as...
- Cardiovascular Disease
For example, cardiovascular disease risk can be reduced with regular apple consumption...the Women's Health Study surveyed nearly 40,000 women with a 6.9-year follow-up and found that women ingesting apples had a 13–22% decrease in cardiovascular disease risk.
There is more....apple consumption has been positively associated with general lung health, including increased lung function, as well as increased weight-loss.
So...based on these epidemiological studies, it appears that apples may play a large role in reducing the risk of a wide variety of chronic diseases and maintaining a healthy lifestyle in general.
So in summary these are the apple and apple juice benefit you can enjoy....
- Contains antioxidants that improve immune function
- Prevents heart disease
- Protects lung function
- Aids in digestion
- Protects the colon (Colonic cancer is very very common in humans)
- Promotes the growth of beneficial bacteria in the digestive tract
- Can detoxify the body
Did you know that a combination of apples along with apple skins contain high amounts of antioxidant compounds called phenols?
What are phenols?
Well...they help the body maintain proper cell growth, they also support the circulatory system and prevent the oxidation of the bad cholesterol in fat which causes premature aging in cells as well inflammation and other damage.
We tend to take apples for granted don't we?
So before I sign off, here are a few apple nutrition facts to think about and digest...
- Apples are absolutely fat-free
- One apple provides as much dietary fibre as a bowl of bran cereal. That's equal to one fifth of the recommended daily intake of fibre
- Apples are loaded with pectin, a soluble fibre that aids digestion and may help reduce cancer and heart disease
- The complex carbohydrates in apples give your body a longer, more even energy boost compared to high-sugar snacks. Snacking on apples can keep you going throughout the day
- Apples provide boron, an essential trace element that helps harden bones, preventing osteoporosis
Apple Juice Benefit..Fights Dementia
We all posess an important brain chemical called acetylcholine which is crucial for memory and general brain health. Low levels of this chemical means trouble as it is linked to Alzheimer's disease according to a U.S study.
Drinking apple juice is believed to maintain those levels of acetylcholine, ensuring good brain health and function.
Now it's worth noting that the study was carried out on mice, however researchers are claiming it could have similar benefits on adults and recommend that we drink two glasses daily..that's 500ml in total.
Related Reading to Apple Juice Benefit at This Website
Health Benefits of Juicing
Juicing Health Cures
Cancer Fighting Fruit
Healthy Smoothie Recipes
What Are The Most Powerful Antioxidant Drinks?
Back From Apple Juice Benefit To Homepage